National Hispanic Heritage Month kicks off September 15 – October 15. What are you planning in your classroom?
Claudia Dugan, 1st Vice-President of MFLA and professor at Howard Community College, has shared this lesson she developed, Reenactment of the Movimiento de independencia de México. We’d love to add yours here, too. Just email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
Here are a list of resources which may prove useful as your plan how to inform your students and prepare celebrations of the Hispanic culture:
- Hispanic Heritage Month – lessons and resources
- Hispanic Heritage Month – portal of the Library of Congress with links to
- Hispanic Heritage Month – Huffington Post – resources
- The Latino Americans – PBS series
- National Hispanic Heritage Month – NEA – lessons and resources
Cover photo from Mes de la Herencia Hispana by Universo 1420 – 2016-05-17